The bed is undoubtedly the main element of the bedroom. It is usually in the center of the room. It goes without saying that its decoration must be given special attention so that it can give atmosphere and friendliness to the room. There is no shortage of ideas for making Trendy King Size Bedspreads.
Choosing the right size for your bedspread
More than a simple blanket, the bedspread is a decorative element in its own right. It sets the tone in the decoration of the room. To make your own bedspread, you need to know the right dimensions beforehand to avoid it being too large or too small. The bedspread must cover the entire bed. The models offered on the market generally have the following dimensions:
- Trendy Twin Size Bedspreads
- Trendy Double Size Bedspreads
- Trendy Queen Size Bedspreads
- Trendy King Size Bedspreads
- Trendy California King Size Bedspreads
What is interesting with the homemade bedspread is that it is possible to make a custom-made model, to his taste and reflecting his personality. To get the right dimensions, simply take the height of the bed and multiply it by two. If it is a purely decorative accessory, a plaid, a strip of fabric as a bed centerpiece or a simple children’s quilt can add character to the whole. The trend is for everything to be mismatched but in a complementary harmony as the mix and match recommends.
Choosing the right style for Trendy King Size Bedspreads
The style of the bedspread should be chosen carefully so that it fits harmoniously with the atmosphere of the room and the decoration including curtains, paint, lighting, etc.
Blankets Blanc des Vosges IMG
- For a girly, romantic or glamorous room, it is preferable to opt for a satin fabric.
- To emphasize a rustic style, quilted and quilted bedspreads will be ideal.
- The patchwork is also very trendy.
- To bring a retro touch, crochet bedspreads are perfect.
- The big wools are really popular now.
- The fake fur is also a very popular material to make bedspreads trends, comfortable and timeless.
Making a patchwork bedspread
You need three different fabrics, plain or printed, with matching colors to make your Trendy King Size Bedspreads. Fleece and another fabric to make the background are also required. The most important thing is to stay in the tones of the room.
To make the patchwork, here are the steps to follow.
- Cut the fabrics to the same size. It is important to choose the right cutting tool in order to have an aesthetic result and save time.
- After cutting all the pieces needed to make the bedspread, assemble them alternately. Patchwork is made in rows. Sew together the pieces that make up a row, ironing the seams so that the seams are flat.
- The next step is to assemble the patchwork with the background fabric and batting. The next step is to assemble the patchwork with the backing fabric and batting by laying them flat, placing the backing fabric first, then the batting, and finally the patchwork.
- Finally, sew the edges together, turn the bedspread right side out, and stitch it all together. It is important to iron the seams to get a nice finish.
There you go: you have one of the hell Trendy King Size Bedspreads!
Making a crocheted bedspread
As with the patchwork fabric, you must begin by knitting units of square, hexagon, rectangle, decorated with flower or other. It is advisable to have enough pieces to cover the entire bed. Then simply assemble them. Depending on the size of the bed, allow an average of 150 units to make a crochet patchwork. To further enhance the bed, it is best to crochet units in different colors. However, they should match and be in harmony with the atmosphere of the room. Each unit can also contain different colors. Making crochet patchwork is quite simple, but patience is required. In addition, crocheting allows you to make a multitude of patterns. No need for much know-how. Just follow the predefined patterns.
Making a bedspread out of coarse wool
Bedspreads or plaids made of coarse wool are very fashionable. Not only do they add a chic, designer touch, they are also cozy and warm. Making a coarse wool bedspread is simple. All you need is a ball of very thick wool and giant knitting needles. You don’t have to be a seasoned knitter to make it! A beginner can make a thick wool bedspread in a few hours by following online tutorials. It is also possible to do without hooks by using only your hands to make the stitches of the bedspread.
Use accessories to enhance the room’s decor
To complete the decoration of the room, it is advisable to play with the colors of pillowcases and cushions. It is best to choose matching or contrasting colors to avoid weighing down the decor. If the bedspread is printed, it’s best to opt for solid color pillowcases and vice versa. Small cushions are also good ways to highlight the bed.
Accessories, shams, cushions for the bedroom : Blanc d’Ivoire IMG
Thanks for taking the time to read this article about Trendy King Size Bedspreads.